Tuesday, February 2, 2016

What's a GED?


Image result for ged diploma 
Hi, My name is Theresa.  I am 22 years old and I have Spastic Diplegia CP (Cerebral Palsy). 

          I am currently out of high school but I do not have a high school diploma.   So I’m going to school with a friend to get a GED diploma. A GED is an abbreviation for a General Equivalency Diploma which is  comparable to a high school diploma.

          I am currently taking this GED class at the FIC or Family investment Center in Schenectady, NY.  I have been enrolled in this class since September.  The hours of this class are 9 AM-12:00 (noon) Monday- Friday.      

          The GED most recently changed its name to currently be called the TASC Exam.  TASC is another abbreviation for a Test that Assesses Secondary (school) Completion.  If you have a challenge of any sort and want to try to study so that you have your GED and you don’t think you can, you sure can!  The most important thing you need is the motivation!!  Along with motivation if you have a challenge another thing you may need to do is to modify the test and make a few changes to it.   Even though you may not think you can study for the GED or go to college, you may surprise yourself one day. So never doubt yourself and say or think that you can’t do something just because you have a challenge!

          I have CP and I am still studying for my GED.  Having a friend to go to class with me gets me thinking about studying for the GED more.  You don’t always need a friend to go with you but it’s nice to have one.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment