Thursday, September 17, 2015

Luke comments on Out of My Mind

One of our newest Connect-Ability members who read Out of My Mind this summer has this to say about it:

The book is a great novel. I highly recommend it to anyone. My cousin was diagnosed with CMND (Congenital Muscular Dystrophy). I think the story was similar to the struggles he faces. He and Melody have mobility challenges along with trouble in school. I think his parents would like to read this book.

Luke
Image result for Congenital muscular dystrophyImage result for Congenital muscular dystrophyImage result for Congenital muscular dystrophy

When we learn about disabilities and how they affect the people who have them and their family members we become better people, more able to advocate for one another and more capable of having a diverse group of friends to learn from. We ought to be all about learning more and using that knowledge to make our world a more inclusive place. Thanks, Luke, for your comment.

Image result for Congenital muscular dystrophyImage result for Congenital muscular dystrophy

No comments:

Post a Comment